TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The ASTM specification was changed to allow as low
People Seeking Info

Subject The ASTM specification was changed to allow as low

Posted by not4resaleZ on November 15, 2016 at 10:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 368 times.

In Reply To Nice what is the ethanol percentage? 65? Arizona just posted by Piranha on November 15, 2016 at 06:44 PM

Message as 51% several years ago, and several states are adapting this latest specification. I would still complain at your station. I think many of the fueling terminals are changing to the lower content where states allow since the oil companies have a lot of influence and want to sell as much gasoline as possible, not ethanol.

I would also look around for stations with blender pumps. Blender pump stations can have a tank of E98 that the pumps blend with E10 into various different blends. They get this E98 trucked from the ethanol plant instead of buying from the oil industries distribution network. At least this is how an owner of a chain of blender pump stations here in town told me it works. They switch the blends at each station based on the season. I've also complained at stations where they don't have blender pumps and they say they really can't do anything about their ethanol content.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.